Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New slip covered chairs for the living room…….


Remember when I found these cute little French chairs on Craig’s List?

DSC_0003



They were oh so gold…..
However with a little paint I was able to turn them into
something really pretty!!!!!

DSC_0003

They were so beautiful…..however what you can’t tell from the pictures
is they were very,very petite in scale,they could almost pass for a child’s chair!
I looked for different chairs for a couple of years but everything I found was
  too large in scale and the seating area is quite small.
Then one day while shopping at IKEA I came across the Jennylund chair.
The scale was absolutely perfect and I liked that the replacement covers don’t cost a fortune!

living room 
I actually got both chairs in the
clearance section so I was able to save a little money too which is always nice!

living room2 

I also got a new ottoman but I’ll save that for another day……
Joining the party at:
Hope to see you there!!!!
-------

12 comments:

Pamela said...

Love your new chairs Des! They look perfect in that space.

Seawashed said...

I love the Jennylund Ikea chairs too. We have four in our sitting room (two facing the other two with a Rachel Ashwell coffee table in the middle) We love love love them! I see these same chairs all the time in JDL magazine, so I knew they must be a good choice. Yours look amazing. I love everything about your home.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Awesome new chairs- they looks excellent....so what did you do with your Frenchie styled ones?

: - )

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just perfect, love the slipcovers, wish we had an IKEA near us!

cecilia said...

Your new chairs are so lovely! Hugs and kisses. Cecilia.

chateau chic said...

Your new chairs look perfect in your gorgeous home, Des! Love the column and collection of canes behind the one.
Mary Alice

Kelly said...

Oh I love your new chairs! they really are the perfect size for that space. I haven't been to Ikea in over a year. Would love to plan a trip someday soon.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the chairs and they look fantastic in the room..and so love that chair you painted!!! Love the corner with the column and those great canes!!!

Mari said...

Wow Des they look beautiful in your home....
They look very comfy too! I have a chair that I have to send to be reupolstered but it's so expensive on my tiny budget, so I have been saving up my pennies...lol....I had my sofa already done and it turned out beautiful, I just might do a post on how it turned out hummmm.....
Have a great day sweetie....

Smiles~
Mari

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Those are lovely chairs! Looks like they're the perfect size too. I love clearance sections...I've gotten to where I always go there first before I check out the rest of the store. :)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Beautiful chairs, Des. Look like just the right size for your space. I'm assuming those are slip covers, right? They look so pristine. My pet peeve with slip covers is that they seem to get messy and wrinkled and that bothers me. Have you had them long. They really do look beautiful in your room..Happy Thursday..Judy

Cynthia said...

Hello Des, I'm playing major catch-up. These chairs are very pretty and I like the pillow on it too.

Cindy