Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bunny rabbits…..


Today when I was outside with the
dogs I saw the biggest bunny rabbit I have ever seen in my life!

(1) From: Image only, no direct url



I tried to get a picture of her but
she had already scurried off by the time I got back with my camera.
I’m sure she was trying to find food for her babies
before the cold sets in again.

tell me about the rabbits...

They are such beautiful creatures…….

wild rabbit with it's winter coat

The male rabbit is called a buck and the female rabbit is called a doe.
A young rabbit is called a kitten or kit.

Google Image Result for http://unofficialnetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rabbit-snow-after-575x383.jpeg


Canadian snow rabbit

The weekend is coming!
-------

11 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

When we used to live on a wooded property I would put out hard corn and around 6pm when it started getting dark the bunnies would come out and eat it. My son and I loved to watch them through the window.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

They are so adorable!!!....what great photos...we have lots of squirrels, deer, and fox not many rabbits...
Nothing prettier than a gorgeous rabbit in the snow!
Happy Thursday!

Vikki said...

They are cute until they start eating my plants! Grrrr. Vikki in VA

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love that you have bunnies nearby! I've only seen a few around here and it's always in the spring time. I bet you're right...she was probably looking for food for her little ones. :)

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

SO pretty! Unfortunately bunnies don't hang around my yard too long with the dog and all, but I love watching them in the Spring.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful, beautiful! We had bunnies for several years, always so fun to watch!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

We used to have lots of rabbits when I was a young girl. I never did see any white ones in the wild, only in hutches. We saw brown ones with little cotton tails. My mom was always calling them pesky as they were into her garden. They certainly are dear little things though and beautiful photos..Happy Thursday..Judy

Red Rose Alley said...

Bunnies are such cute animals, Deserae, but I must admit I get a bit startled when they pop up right in front of me. These pictures are precious, and at first I thought the first picture was the bunny you saw. I don't usually get pictures of them either, as they run away so quickly.

Happy Friday.

love, ~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps I didn't realize their names were the same as a male and female deer. :~)

Stephanie said...

Oh, I do love bunnies :) We have a few rabbits that live here and I always enjoy seeing them hop around our yard.

Happy weekend to you!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Adorable!! We have a brown rabbit living under the pine trees in our front yard...such a cutie!